- a large building formerly occupied by a ruler and fortified against attack
- interchanging the positions of the king and a rook
- (chess) the piece that can move any number of unoccupied squares in a direction parallel to the sides of the chessboard
- move the king two squares toward a rook and in the same move the rook to the square next past the king
- a large and stately mansion
in about one month's time, yet another disneyland castle will be presented to the public.
he shut the castle door behind us, to keep his father’s friends in.
the castle was first mentioned in 1327 and was believed to be located at the border of poland and lithuania.
the castle is founded on solid rock.
in the castle he had a round table, where he sat with his knights.
and is this splendid castle also yours, my lord marquis of carabas?
however, he appeared very friendly, and after a little talk he held out his hand to her, and said, "wilt thou go with me to my castle and be my dear wife?
he’s making yet another invention for this year’s annual invention fair which will be held here in our castle .
this castle dates back to roman times.
the castle lies on a hilltop.